Respect Life Month is time ‘to care for, protect and defend lives of our brothers and sisters’
Grand jury indicts one of three police officers involved in the shooting but not for the death of Taylor
Religious sister is recognized for ‘restoring human dignity to those in need.’
Brothers step in to help their neighbors as fires consume their canyon
President is expected to announce his nominee quickly
In some places, Catholics’ right to worship ‘unjustly repressed’ by government, says San Francisco archbishop
SAN FRANCISCO (CNS) — In imposing severe restrictions on indoor worship services because of COVID-19 protocols, the city of San Francisco “is turning a great
WASHINGTON. A Catholic archdiocese and two dioceses in three states are assessing damage from what’s being referred to as catastrophic flooding caused by Hurricane Sally.
The CHA wants to ensure that the vaccine saves lives and addresses health inequities.
A new podcast series from the Catholic University of America, “Crisis,” has debuted, which examines the clergy sexual abuse crisis in the U.S. church.
U.S. bishops praise court’s ruling to count all U.S. residents in census, regardless of immigration status
The bishops reiterated their previous statement on the issue that said: “questions regarding citizenship should not be included in the census.”
Justice Department argues archdiocese protected by First Amendment and by a recent Supreme Court decision to determine who can teach students at religious schools.
- Live the Gospel of Life’ is theme for Respect Life Month this October
- Louisville archbishop says all must now work together ‘for racial justice’
- Sister Norma Pimentel is one of Time magazine’s 100 most influential people of 2020
- U.S. bishops say ‘enough’ on federal executions
- Oregon Catholic family, good Samaritans document terrifying canyon fire
- Two Catholic women judges top short list as possible Supreme Court nominees
- In some places, Catholics’ right to worship ‘unjustly repressed’ by government, says San Francisco archbishop
- Gulf Coast dioceses assess damage from Hurricane Sally