Tennessee Conservatives Concerned About the Death Penalty is searching for someone to fill the position of coordinator.
The group is a project of Tennesseans for Alternatives to the Death Penalty, and the coordinator would facilitate conversations among conservatives in Tennessee about their concerns with the administration and application of the death penalty from a conservative perspective.
Through public education and one-on-one conversations, Tennessee Conservatives Concerned About the Death Penalty engages conservatives who have questions about the death penalty and whether it is aligned with conservative principles. The group acts with guidance and assistance from the national group Conservatives Concerned About the Death Penalty.
The coordinator’s responsibilities would include:
- Recruiting, informing and engaging conservatives in the state who are interested in learning more about the death penalty and how its application is not aligned with conservative principles.
- Coordinating outreach to conservative clubs, including college and university clubs.
- Assisting in carrying out Tennesseans for Alternatives to the Death Penalty’s media plan, including through the creation and maintenance of relationships with local and national media; speaking on behalf of TNCC; and developing media content.
- Assisting with social media and web accounts, using strategic messaging to diversify outreach efforts and messaging.
- Participating in legislative advocacy that highlights conservative concerns about the continued used of the death penalty.
For more information about the position, visit http://tnconservativesconcerned.org/job-opportunities/.