The Hit Makers benefit concert, sponsored by the Knights of Columbus Bishop David R. Choby Council 10010 at St. John Vianney Church in Gallatin, on Feb. 19, raised $18,350 for St. John Vianney School.
The concert featured performances by several chart-topping singers and songwriters, including:
- Richie McDonald, the lead singer for the group Lonestar, who is known for the songs “I Am Already There,” “My Front Porch Looking In,” “Mr. Mom” and “Amazed.”
- Deborah Allen, who is known for the songs “Baby I Lied,” “I’ve Been Wrong Before,” “Rock Me” and “I Hurt for You.”
- Andy Griggs, who is known for the songs “You Won’t Ever Be Lonely,” “If Heaven,” “She Thinks She Needs Me” and “She’s More.”
- Jimmy Nichols, an award-winning studio musician.
- Frank Myers, a St. John Vianney Church parishioner who is known for the songs “You and I,” “I’m Already There,” “I Swear” and “My Front Porch Looking In.”
The money raised came from a silent auction, a 50/50 drawing, tip jars, admissions, and donations.