The COVID-19 pandemic has scrambled life in parishes across the Diocese of Nashville. One of the casualties of the pandemic has been the popular Lenten fish fries at so many parishes.
For Lent this year, several parishes are trying to reclaim that feature of parish life, within the safety guidelines necessitated by the pandemic. Among the parishes hosting meals or drive-through fish fries are:
Immaculate Conception Church, Clarksville. Knights of Columbus Council 3537 will sponsor a weekly drive-up Lenten fish fry at the church, 709 Franklin St., Clarksville.
- Dates: March 5, 12, 19 and 26, 5-7 p.m.
- Menu: Fried fish dinner plate (two pieces of fried cod, French fries, coleslaw); fried shrimp dinner plate (fried shrimp, French fries, coleslaw).
- Cost: $8 per plate. Proceeds will benefit the council’s Loaves and Fishes Blessing Bag program and the Hope Pregnancy Center.
- Order when you get there or order in advance by phone or email. Phone Frankie Ramos at 931-801-3328. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
St. Rose of Lima Church, Murfreesboro. Knights of Columbus Council 4563 will host a weekly drive-through fish fry at the church, 1601 N. Tennessee Blvd. Council members will be strictly following the FDA’s pandemic safety best practices to safeguard them and parishioners.
- Dates: March 5, 12, 19 and 26, 5-7 p.m.
- Menu: Fried fish, French fries, hush puppies, white beans, slaw.
- Cost: Donations only. Proceeds will benefit the St. Rose School scholarship program and pastoral needs.
- The drive through location will be on the Stonewall side of the church. Follow the one-way around the school and pick up at the Knights of Columbus tent. Exit onto Tennessee Boulevard.
Sacred Heart Church, 305 Church St., Loretto. The Knights of Columbus Council 4947 will host a drive-through fish fry at the Sacred Heart School gym in Loretto.
- Dates: March 26, 4:30-6 p.m.
- Menu: Fish fillets, French fries, hush puppies and coleslaw. The meals will be cooked by Pop’s BBQ. The meals will not include drinks or a dessert.
- Cost: $10 per plate. Proceeds will benefit Sacred Heart School in Loretto.
St. Ignatius of Antioch Church, 601 Bell Road, Antioch. Knights of Columbus Council 8354 will sponsor a fish fry to go at the church. People should come to the front doors of the church where someone will be there to serve them.
- Dates: March 5 and 19, 5:30-8 p.m.
- Menu: Fried cod fish, French fries, hush puppies, coleslaw, white beans and a drink.
- Cost: $10 per plate.
- For more information, call Bob at 615-415-8483 or Maria at 615-361-6425.
- Stations of the Cross will be held at 7 p.m. every Friday during Lent.
Our Lady of the Lake Church, 1729 Stop Thirty Road, Hendersonville. The Knights of Columbus Council 9132 will sponsor a dine-in or take-out Lenten dinner.
- Date: March 5, 4:30-7 p.m.
- Menu: Entrees: baked cod, shrimp fettucine and grilled cheese. Sides: tuna casserole, penne with marinara and Italian vegetables. Beverages: bottled water will be available and people are free to bring their own beverage.
- Cost: $9 per person, $30 per family. Tickets for dine-in or take-out are limited to the first 200 people. Tickets are available at https://knights-of-columbus-council-9132.square.site/.
St. Matthew Church, 535 Sneed Road West, Franklin. The St. Matthew Men’s Club will host a pick-up only fish fry at the church.
- Dates: March 5 and 26, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Menu: Two pieces of fried catfish, hush puppies, fries and coleslaw.
- Cost: $10. To order, visit https://stmatthewtn.breezechms.com/form/fishfry.
- For more information call 615-646-0378.
Holy Family Church, 9100 Crockett Road, Brentwood. The parish will host a take-out or eat-in fish fry in the Parish Hall.
- Dates: March 5 and 26,5 p.m.
- Menu: Fried cod and baked tilapia with fries, slaw, mac and cheese, and hush puppies.
- Cost: $10 per box. Order at holyfamilycc.com/lent
St. Patrick Church, 175 St. Patrick St., McEwen. St. Patrick Church is planning three carry-out fish fries during Lent.
- Dates: March 5, 19, 26, 5-7 p.m. Meals can be picked up at the St. Patrick School gymnasium.
- Menu: Two or three pieces of fish, white beans, slaw and hush puppies.
- Cost: $10 plates and $7 plates.
- All proceeds will benefit St. Patrick Church. For more information, call the church office at 931-582-3633.
Our Lady of Lourdes Church, 103, Golf Club Lane, Springfield. The Knights of Columbus Council 9705 will host a “to go” fish fry at the church.
- Date: March 26, 5-7:30 p.m.
- Menu: Fish dinner with two sides, drink and dessert.
- Cost: $10 per person, $20 per family.
- For more information call 615-384-6200 or email email@example.com.
- Stations of the Cross will be held at Our Lady of Lourdes every Friday during Lent; 6 p.m. in English and 7 p.m. in Spanish.
St. Henry Church, 6401 Harding Pike, Nashville. Knights of Columbus Council 1202 will host a drive-through fish fry at the church.
- Date: March 26.
- Menu: Fish, French fries or onion rings, coleslaw or mac and cheese, and hush puppies.
- Cost: Adult, $9; child, $4. The cap will be $30 per family. For more information, call 615-913-3796.